In today’s day and age, a lot of people now rely on the internet as means of earning income. Ecommerce is now considered to be a serious and recognized means of conducting business and numerous people are benefiting from it. However, regardless of how convenient it is, running an Ecommerce business is by no means a walk in the park. A lot of work and a lot of hours and spent to keep the business running.
One of the biggest pains of people running an Ecommerce business is the logistical aspect of it. This is where drop shipping or using a third party vendor comes in. Numerous businesses rely on drop shipping to handle the logistical aspect of their business. In case you happen to considering this decision, it is important that you first evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of drop shipping before anything else.
- You do not have to keep a warehouse or keep track of inventory, which is one burden off of your shoulders, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Products are shipped directly to your buyers on lower shipping rates.
- You do not have to worry about packaging, logistics or dealing with customer service issues.
- Overstocking or shortages are not an issue.
- You have no control over when the product is being shipped and you cannot do anything in cases where shipments are delayed.
- You are ultimately at the mercy of your drop shipper.
- An unreliable drop shipper could send low quality or counterfeits to customers which could in turn ruin your business reputation.
However, the disadvantages can be overlooked if you have a reliable drop shipper. SaleHoo can connect you to numerous licensed drop shippers. However, for reassurance you can visit Andalucia Comparison CO to read SaleHoo review.